Thursday, May 16, 2013

Error: Failed to clone disk: The system cannot find the file specified (25) when using vmkfstools in Vmware 5.1

I have been working on setting up Apache VCL 2.3 with VMWare 5.1 and getting continual errors about not being able to find the file when VCL attempts to clone the disk.  I ran through a series of tests ensuring I could read and write to source and destination, but would get this error when trying the vmkfstools command by itself.  I finally found the solution on this blog.  A module needs to be enabled within VMWare to allow this type of clone to occur.  The command is:

esxcli system module load -m multiextent

4 comments:

  1. Got me out of a hole mate, Much appreciated, Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too, was getting a little tired of banging my head on this one. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same thing with vmware esxi 6. Thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete